Do white people think of racism as some sort of club that only PoC can be admitted into? Ya’ll know that’s not what it is, right? I
Why not differently abled
Everyone is able…
You just have different ways"
I get that you’re trying to be helpful or nice or something
but disabled is not a bad word. It’s not an insult, it’s not un-pc (or whatever the fuck) , it’s doesn’t mean un-able so much as prevented-from-being-able
As in society is set up to ignore the needs of people with disabilities.
If disabled people choose to self identify with differently abled, or disAbility, or whatever pc nightmare some well meaning able-bodied NT made up, that’s fine. But just like you shouldn’t apply a sexuality or gender label to someone without asking them first, don’t invalidate disabled people by policing word choice.
I spent years running from the “disabled” title despite my disabilities, because I associated it with many negative stereotypes. And every time someone says “it’s not disabled it’s _____” you are intimating that ‘disabled’ is a bad word, and something to be ashamed of, and that’s complete and utter hokum.
Also I feel like it creates an environment where I have to be able to do something, even if it’s different. There are things I literally cannot do and that’s ok too.
I am disabled. It’s up to you whether or not you want to help me without rebranding me first.
did i actually save or did i imagine it? better save eleven more times
I remember when I first found out the truth about “Somali pirates” I got chills because of how horrific the truth was and how insanely creepily well the media had twisted the situation. Every single fucking article making it seem like these “pirates” were just after money or something holding innocent people hostage and I never gave it a second thought, why would I? There was no indication that people were trying to legitimately fight off disgusting imperialism that left nuclear waste in their waters, that over 300 people have died from radiation sickness, that Europeans have been stealing Somalia’s seafood because they overfished their own waters and the indigenous fisherman are starving and so these “pirates” emerged to deal with those stealing their country’s natural resources. The truth is enough to make anyone sick to their stomachs.
This is a great article about the truth about Somali pirates, in case anyone wants a source.
reverse hades/persephone, where the young daughter of summer uses plant magic to ensnare the lord of darkness and keep him prisoner in a beautiful garden above ground. Eventually, enchanted by her cleverness and wild youth he agrees to eat six pomegranate seeds and stay with her for half of every year.
# ID READ THE FUCK OUT OF THAT # HE TRIES BEING ALL IMPOSINGLY MIGHTY AND WRATHFUL WHILE PERSPHONE JUST GOES ON WATERING THE FLOWERS OUTSIDE HIS CAGE # HE PETITIONS TO AT LEAST GET SOME DEATHBELL AND NIGHTSHADE AND ASPHODEL GROWING IN THERE BUT IT’S ALL LOTUSES AND SUNFLOWERS AND APPLES # AND LIKE CORN EVERYWHERE HE FUCKING HATES CORN # THEY COMPROMISE ON POMEGRANATES (x)
It’d be even funnier if the other gods show up all “Persephone, hey, you got the lord of death in there so no one’s dying anymore and the world is getting too full—” “Not my problem”
Yes, I like this. I like this a lot.
/adds to list of ‘tumblr text posts I would love to do comics of if I had any time whatsoever’
Self Care When You Don’t Have the Spoons for Showering
1. Keep face wipes and deodorant by your bed. They’re easy and can make a huge difference in how clean you feel
2. Take sink showers. Washing your hair and your face in the sink quickly works especially well if you’re a survivor having anxiety about being naked (yes, that’s totally normal)
3. Invest in a dry shampoo. You can use it in bed or sitting down on days when you can’t get up, it’s super easy, and it gets rid of oily hair really quickly
4. Use scented body lotion to make yourself smell nice- it’s grounding and makes you feel soft and clean without much effort
5. Air fresheners and scented candles can make your room smell nice and make you feel more fresh and together
6. Wear your favorite cozy clothes
7. Spray your favorite perfume on your clothes if you can’t handle changing out of pajamas
8. Sometimes if you use easy makeup products tinted lip balms can help you trick yourself into thinking you feel better